Everyone has more than one soulmate! Use this list to determine if someone you are seeing is a soulmate. Place a check by any of the experiences you have had with a) any romantic relationship that you have had or b) your current relationship.
Take the Test
Click here for a print-friendly checklist.
0-5 | You either have not had many relationships or they have been unfulfilling.
5-15 | Significant other. They play a significant role in your life even if it is temporary.
16-21 | Soulmate
22+ | Twin Soul
- You met in an unlikely place when you were not even looking for a relationship.
- When you meet you feel as if you’ve known this person before, perhaps a long long ago even if this wasn't possible.
- You can share your shadow side as well as your wonderful side with this person without them leaving you.
- You've had an experience of feeling so close to each other during love making, that it brought tears to your eyes and felt healing. For some this experience of fusion while exhilarating could also bring on fear of being too close.
- You feel a magical energy between you even when touching lightly and not related to sex. (Not the same feeling as "chemistry")
- You have shared all of the skeletons in your closet and all the reasons why you two should not have a relationship and you still feel right for each other.
- You finish each other’s sentences.
- You share similar life philosophies and know that there is a definite purpose to your meeting each other.
- You enjoy spiritual harmony. (Soulmate relationships are more spiritual relationships.)
- You can read each other's thoughts.
- You have moments of ecstasy and healing with each other for no apparent reason and not related to love making.
- You feel that your past or last relationship prepared you for this one.
- Even after the first 90 days together, you periodically experience a heightened sense of euphoria with each other not related to lovemaking.
- You share unconditional emotional honesty in every area (sex, money, career, children, and spirituality).
- You have "both" taken seminars, therapy, or counseling to clear up and release any remaining emotional issues from childhood and life ( a.k.a Love Barriers).
- You share a similar life’s purpose, including feeling that there is a higher purpose for your union.
- You enjoy well-balanced interactions.
- Synchronicities keep on occurring throughout your relationship.
- Learning of life’s lessons occur at phenomenal rate of speed and intensity.
- You are able to share the reins of responsibility equally.
- You are able to work through disagreements and face issues head-on.
- You recognize that you are both teacher and student to each other.
- You can make and keep commitments to each other.
- Deja-vu experiences. A feeling of having already experienced an event or moment before.
- Your soulmate does not look like or do the kind of work you expected him/her to do.
Meet the Love Coach
Susan Bradley, RN
The founder of LovingU.com and an award-winning author, Susan has been featured in Complete Woman,
The Discovery Channel, Cosmo, and appeared on Hard Copy, 48 Hours, CNN and Montel.
Her latest book is Irresistible Prescriptions for Love